Welcome to my recipe blog. This site is under construction. It will be up and running I'm hoping sometime in the year 2012 with better pictures and full recipes for each post. In the meantime please leave any tips, advice, comments or just say hello.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Parippu Vada






My grandmother showed me how to make these about a year ago. I only came around to making them now. Since it was my first time, I only wanted to make a few, so I only used 1 cup of parippu/dal. After my hubby realized I was making Parippu Vada, he got so excited and asked me how many. I told him about 4. He said he wants me to make a lot. So what I ended up doing, was making mini vadas, this way it appeared to be more than there really was.

I'll take a better picture next time, the camera was blurry.

Ingredients:

Parippu - 2 cups

Onion - 1 large

Green chillies - 6 spicy chillies

Ginger - about 2 one inch pieces.

Curry leaves - a bunch.

Salt - as required.

Soak the parippu in water for about 3 hours. Drain all the water. Grind the parippu. Add the chopped onions and all other ingredients finely chopped. Shape into flat balls and deep fry until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment