Welcome to my recipe blog. This site is under construction. It will be up and running I'm hoping sometime in the year 2012 with better pictures and full recipes for each post. In the meantime please leave any tips, advice, comments or just say hello.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stuffed Mushroom Curry


This recipe was Inspired by my aunt. My aunt used to make these stuffed mushrooms that were stuffed with liver sausage. These were used as appetizers. They were delicious, but I have no idea where to buy liver sausage, and no idea how it is made.

I wanted to make a stuffed mushroom recipe of my own, so I thought why not make a stuffed mushroom curry. I'm sorry I don't have the exact measurements, I only measure when I bake.

Ingredients.

Button mushrooms - about 1 bowl full.

Paneer cheese - grated about 1/4 cup

Coconut milk - about 1/4 cup

Corriander - a few to garnish

Salt - as required

turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon

corriander - 1 or 2 spoons

red chilly powder - 1 spoon

Graham masala - 1/4 spoon

ginger garlic paste - about 2 spoons

cashew paste - about 1 spoon

Here we go:

1. De-stem the mushrooms and chop up the mushroom stems finely.

2. Chop up 1 small onion and fry with ginger garlic paste and crushed red chillies.

3. Once the onions are translucent add the chopped up mushroom stems and a bit of grated paneer cheese.

4. Set this aside.

5. Toast fry/steam the mushroom heads until fully cooked.

6. Stuff the mushroom heads and set aside.

For the Gravy.

1. Add sliced/slivered onions

2. Add ginger/Garlic paste

3. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, and graham masala (mine is home made)

4. Add coconut milk and cashew paste

5. Add the stuffed mushrooms

6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

-Don't forget the salt

In the picture this mushroom curry was served with a simple 10 minute vegetable fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment