Welcome to my recipe blog. This site is under construction. It will be up and running I'm hoping sometime in the year 2012 with better pictures and full recipes for each post. In the meantime please leave any tips, advice, comments or just say hello.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Shepherd's Pie


I was inspired to make Shepherd's Pie from my aunts cooking. She used to make it occasionally. Well I have to admit, my mashed potatoes were a little gummy in texture. Anyone know how to make perfect soft mashed potatoes? My husband doesn't know the difference so it worked out for me anyways.

Ingredients

Mashed potatoes - I added chives and garlic to mine.
Ground beef
Vegetable medley - any veggies you want. I used corn, carrots, celery, onions, green peas and mushrooms in mine.
Parsley - a bunch chopped well.
Flour - 2 tbspns
Beef stock - 1/2 cup
Worcestershire sauce - a few drops
Garlic - a few cloves
Crushed chilly - 1 or 2 tbspns (optional).

Directions
1. Cook ground beef. No need to add oil.
2. Add veggies according to their cooking time.
3. Add flour
4. Add beef stock and bring to a boil.
5. Once the beef stock thickens turn off heat.
6. Assemble the pie with the ground beef at the bottom and mashed potatoes on top.
7. Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 - 30 minutes.
8. Wait until it cools down a bit before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment