Welcome to my recipe blog. This site is under construction. It will be up and running I'm hoping sometime in the year 2012 with better pictures and full recipes for each post. In the meantime please leave any tips, advice, comments or just say hello.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Coconut Shrimp - Baked

My husband so laughed at me when he saw this pic. He told me I need to work on the art of appeal. I'll try to take better pictures to replace my old ones eventually. For now, I just wanted to show how they turned out.

Coconut shrimp reminds me of my old visits to Red Lobster. I chose to bake these shrimp. If I were serving these at a party, I'd fry them and serve them with a pina colada dipping sauce. Although these were baked, they didn't lose out on taste. Try them out, and if you do, let me know how it turned out.

Ingredients:
Shrimp - 8
Dried coconut shavings - about 2 tablespoons
Flour - about 2 tablespoons
Egg - 1
Paprika - 1/4 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Sugar - a pinch *only if the coconut is not sweet*

Clean shrimp. Mix flour with all other dry ingredients. Dip in flour. Dip in beaten egg. Dip in coconut shavings. Bake until golden on the outside. About 10 - 20 minutes. Enjoy!! *remember you can fry these for extra flavour*




No comments:

Post a Comment